You are most likely reading this post because you want to know how you can increase traffic to your website. There are two main strategies site owners use to drive traffic to their websites:
- Paid Traffic – This incorporates utilizing Google adwords; Facebook advertisements; Yahoo paid advertisements etc. If you’re new to paid advertising please do a little research as you can lose a bundle if you do not know what you’re doing, trust me i waisted a good deal of cashola with Gooogle adwords when i started out.
- Free Traffic – This is what i will be concentrating on in this post and ties in to Best SEO.
4 Proven Methods I Use To Increase Traffic To My Website!
Video Advertising and Marketing
This is a oldie but still works well. First you must create an account on Youtube.com, once you have done that, create a brief (5 min) video using CamStudio (It’s FREE), upload your newly created video to your youtube account.
The title of your video should contain the keywords you are targeting, fill in your video description also adding your keyword and a link to your website or blog. Youtube is a NoFollow website but we’re concentrating on visitors not backlinks so this does not matter. Now bookmark your Video URL using Onlywire and that’s it, Google should index your video inside 24 hours and you should see more visitors to your website within a week.
This is also a very efficient method to increase traffic to your website. The beauty of this sort of traffic is that it tends to stay constant, no matter what the various search engines are doing. The secret is, you truly need to publish useful and fascinating comments on different blogs. It’s a very bad idea to merely spam comments, whilst you may see some initial results, your efforts will pretty much be in vain because they will most definitely be deleted 2 to three days later.
So what to do? First of all, go right into a search engine, and find blogs relevant to your niche. Then, read a few of the posts, and publish comments related to the blog. Make sure you embody your URL, as a part of the remark or within the website field. Providing the comment is useful and informative, it’s going to almost definitely stay there, and not solely do get you “back-link juice”, but also people reading the weblog will be predisposed to check out your web site after reading your useful and informative post.
This process is time consuming, however, there are tools such as these:
Blog Comment Demon and Blog Commenter which help to automate the process.
Article marketing, is writing an article solely geared to a specific audience, and then hoping that they may either click on your URL in the resource field to see what you have to offer, or perhaps you’re going to get some residual search engine traffic based on “long tail keywords”.
Essentially what you do, is this:
- Use a key phrase related to your domain that you know people are searching for.
See my review on one of the most widely used keyword analyzers Market Samurai.
If you had a cooking website, and say bought recipes, you might need an article called “How one can Cook dinner hen”.
- You then write a useful and informative article, generally speaking a minimum of 350 words, which may be written in about 5 to 10 minutes by a skilled author, and make sure you sprinkle your article with your key phrase.
If you want some tips on writing a good article see my How To Write An Article Guide.
- Also have a useful resource field in your article with your website URL included. The thought is that someone will gain value from your article, and then decide to take a look at your website.
- You then simply submit your article to article directories. While there are actually 1000′s of article directories on the Internet, there are actually only a few that really matter: ezinearticles.com – hubpages.com – goarticles.com these are probably the top three.
Forum Board Posting
A simple way to increase traffic to your website is by merely posting on forums that allow signature links. Folks don’t mind provided that you don’t spam the forum and are actually a productive member. If you wish to maximize your results, I recommend posting on 2-3 different forums per day, and at the very least make 1 useful posting.
Why do I say useful? Just because it’s actually easy for forum mods to detect whether or not someone is just ‘linkspaming’ as opposed to truly presenting good value.
Secondly by adding value to forums you are building a reputation as a expert in your niche, this will be useful down the line (i.e., folks wanting to partner with you/promote a product or service). So spamming a discussion board in the short term may seem appealing but trust me DON’T DO IT, you will get banned and your posts will be removed.
Here are some Google searches you can use to find relevant forums:
Your keyword “Powered by XMB” inurl:action=viewpro&member
Your keyword “Powered by yabb” inurl:action=viewprofile
Your keyword “Powered by XOOPS” inurl:userinfo.php
Your keyword “powered by vbulletin” inurl:entry.php
By using these methods to increase traffic to your website you are guaranteed to see a marked increase in your website traffic, just remember that spamming is not encouraged and will not help you in the long run.